Brownish Stain on Waterline

Jul 29, 2013
my only 2 month old tub ( 1 month since water refill) is showing brownish stain around water line ????

I just noticed when i checked chlorine FC 4.5 cc 1.5. So i shocked to at least 12 and was going to leave uncovered and running to rid the cc

my TA is 50
CYA 30
CH 130
Borates 50
pH ?? last was 7.8

Can you better define "stain"?

Does it rub off easily? Is it slimy? Is it smooth or rough? Is it really only at the water line? Do you have iron in your tap water?

Can you better define "stain"?

Does it rub off easily? Is it slimy? Is it smooth or rough? Is it really only at the water line? Do you have iron in your tap water?

the stain appears to be gummy. it comes off, but i did not have an issue like this for 2 months running the tub. The 1st month prior to refill i had spa marvel in. But my cc were 2.5 and i could not seem to get them down.

So about a month ago, i ran ahh-some , drained wiped and refill. Though now my cc seems to have come back up around 1-1.5. Seems very hard to get rid of. I shock and run with cover off for 30-60 min with all jets on.

What Gerry told me when i was struggling with my water and discovered Ahh-Some and went through a 6oz jar like candy and was not getting any clearer water was to stop wasting the product at this point and then mix 2 oz of Ahh-Some to 1 gallon of water and add 4oz every seven days to my 340 gallon tub. If a brown slimy scummy line appeared, wipe it off. I only had the line once or twice and that was it. I would keep doing your maintenance dose if that is what you are doing.

My water is clear, odor free and silky. I have a fairly lengthy post on here about my trouble I had about two months ago. I am getting ready to dump and purge again even though the water has only been in the tub since 9/16 and it perfectly balanced, but I want to get my winter swap out in.

Hope this helps -

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.