Brown-like spots in Pool- trying to figure out what these are?!?

OHARRIS317

Jul 19, 2022
Litchfield Park, AZ
Hello- I'm trying to figure out what these brown-like spots are on my newer pool. They are hard and most have a point-like structure to them. Mainly in the shallow to middle of pool- probably 6-7 of them.

Any thoughts or suggestions???

Attachments

• PoolSpots1.jpg
    PoolSpots1.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 13
  • PoolSpots2.jpg
    PoolSpots2.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 11
Welcome to the forum.
Do you have a magnet? See if it sticks on them. Especially those that you feel the hard object on.
Put some vitamin C tablets in a thin sock, crush them a bit, and set it on them. If it disappears, it is iron.

If the magnet sticks, then it is likely ties from the rebar phase that were not properly bent over. Have to dig out the plaster to remove the tie and patch.
If not iron, very odd. Will wait to cross that bridge.

If the magnet sticks, then it is likely ties from the rebar phase that were not properly bent over. Have to dig out the plaster to remove the tie and patch.
If not iron, very odd. Will wait to cross that bridge.
Okay- we'll wait and see and go from there. Not liking the sounds of this....

Another question- if iron- are there any safety concerns to make it through the season w/ my younger kiddos as long as all levels are in-line. Any concerns that you can think of with this?

If this is a new build & still under warranty you should contact the pool builder asap so they can take care of it. That’s such a beautiful finish hopefully it can be done quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.