Brown/Dark Green Algae Remains But Stats Seem Good

Thanks for the tip about Walmart!! That's about 1/2 the price at my pool store.

Just to "clarify" (hahahahaha), I shouldn't use any clarifiers at any point during this process? I mean, I can see the bottom now in the shallow end, the pool is basically blue - just VERY cloudy still and getting not-cloudy VERY slowly even at my 24 FC level, vacuuming once a day, washing filter, etc.

Anything else to speed it up? Summer is short in the PNW!!

Thanks again for all info!
Max

Attachments

• IMG_1046.jpg
    IMG_1046.jpg
    600.3 KB · Views: 17
Just to "clarify" (hahahahaha), I shouldn't use any clarifiers at any point during this process? I mean, I can see the bottom now in the shallow end, the pool is basically blue - just VERY cloudy still and getting not-cloudy VERY slowly even at my 24 FC level, vacuuming once a day, washing filter, etc.
No. Take these and follow directions...

• Love
Reactions: rstarke and Newdude
Do you know your clean filter pressure? When it rises 25% clean it again. Go ahead and clean your filters now and note clean pressure. When it rises 25%, clean again.

Anything else to speed it up? Summer is short in the PNW!!
Welcome to TFP. (My nephew lives in Bellingham :).)
Keep up with what you're doing. It will take time but is looking so much better.
We have Menards here in Michigan and the 10% is 4.99 per gallon, with 11% rebate after that.

Welcome to TFP. (My nephew lives in Bellingham :).)
Keep up with what you're doing. It will take time but is looking so much better.
We have Menards here in Michigan and the 10% is 4.99 per gallon, with 11% rebate after that.
Thank you!! Yes - B'ham is a wonderful place - with only a few pools so you're kinda on your own. I gotta check out Walmart and see if they have any deals - we don't have Menards.

Reactions: mariane
And...after 2 weeks, and 30+ gallons of chlorine we are looking really good. Gotta do my final tests for the FC drop and CC and then can start letting the sun ease off the heavy chlorine so people can swim again. But even having it look so good is great.

BTW - how do I get the residual algae out of my pool robot? Soak it in a tub of highly chlorinated water, or?

Thanks again for all!
Max

Attachments

• 71372280236__AE0E0304-7003-4553-843B-A8CDC7531854.jpeg
    71372280236__AE0E0304-7003-4553-843B-A8CDC7531854.jpeg
    422.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 71372281497__31237CD5-933E-40A4-AAB1-1B5C7409E34E.jpeg
    71372281497__31237CD5-933E-40A4-AAB1-1B5C7409E34E.jpeg
    586.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Love
Reactions: mariane and pjt
You may have to take the robot apart to scrub it - algae forms a protective film against chlorine and sometimes needs a brushing

Can you use a hose spray on high?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And...after 2 weeks, and 30+ gallons of chlorine we are looking really good. Gotta do my final tests for the FC drop and CC and then can start letting the sun ease off the heavy chlorine so people can swim again. But even having it look so good is great.

BTW - how do I get the residual algae out of my pool robot? Soak it in a tub of highly chlorinated water, or?

Thanks again for all!
Max
Looking Good!
FYI: You can swim when the FC drops below SLAM levels.

Good to know. Everything I'd googled said not to swim in much above 5 FC. And def not above 9. I'm at around 12 at the moment but coming down fast with the sun these days...
That's because everything out there does not look at fc to cya ratio levels. What is your cya?
If you wait too long ie. for fc to drop to 9, depending on your cya, you could allow the algae to get a foothold again. And you don't want that again.
Please post your numbers:
FC
CC
CYA
pH
TA
CH (not as important since it's a vinyl pool. But still good to know)

Remind us again what type of chlorine you're using.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.