Broken Pentair Temp Sensor - will Mastertemp sensor pick up the slack?

Nonyabiz

Gold Supporter
Feb 1, 2023
Phoenix
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Helping my neighbor so ignore the signature. He has an Easytouch panel and Mastertemp heater. His water sensor is defective and reading 120 when the water is 65 so heater wont fire. So, I let him borrow my air sensor and put it in his water temp slot(The sensors are the exact same for both air and water). Therefore, the water temperature just registers as the ambient air temperature, which allows the heater to fire. However, we assumed this would cause him to have to cycle the spa on and off in the app to keep temp where he wants it. My question is, will the Mastertemp turn itself off once the desired Matertemp temp settting is reached (101 in his case) regardless of what temp the Easytouch panel is registering(Ambient air temp of ~75)?

Yes, the MasterTemp temp setting takes priority and the heater will not go past its control panel setting.

Why don’t you install the borrowed temperature sensor in the pipe and let it sense the water temperature?

Yes, the MasterTemp temp setting takes priority and the heater will not go past its control panel setting.

Why don’t you install the borrowed temperature sensor in the pipe and let it sense the water temperature?
The cord is ~6" too short, otherwise would have definitely done that.

Thank you for your reply! To that effect, I feel like I am using this site more than average folks, how do I contribute/donate for all the help I have received?

The cord is ~6" too short, otherwise would have definitely done that.

Thank you for your reply! To that effect, I feel like I am using this site more than average folks, how do I contribute/donate for all the help I have received?
Any donation is appreciated and tax deductible…