Broken hot tub pipe?

Jan 31, 2014
Katy Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I think I know the answer to this but I'm hoping I'm wrong. We tried to turn on the hot tub last night to celebrate making it through the Texas freeze and it started to leak under the wall (see pictures). I have five lines that are HT specific in the wall and the last one (on the other side of the wall from the leak) didn't have as much pressure as the others and my only guess is somehow that line froze and cracked? If this is the case, would that line be enclosed in concrete? Not sure how to fix if so. Any thoughts or help is appreciated.

Welcome to TFP.

Standing by for your pictures.

The wall or deck is going to need to be broken up to uncover the pipe and find the leak.

When you say you "have five lines that are HT specific" do you mean jets in the HT?

Did you build the pool? Do you have pics of the build? Do you know here the lines run from the pool and HT to the equipment pad?

That's what I was afraid of. Yes, lines equals jets and I guess I assumed the pipe coming into the wall split into five different lines, one for each jet, but to your last question, the pool was here when we moved in so I'm not sure what the plumbing looks like in the wall so not sure how the jets are connected.

S,

One main pipe connecting to all the jets would be normal.

You would assume the break is near the leak, but that may not be the case.

Most likely have to contact a leak detection service.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,
The pool is old as is the equipment so I don't have freeze protection but the pool was on the entire time it was cold. It's weird because the freeze was less than 72 hours and the Feb freeze in 2021 that made headlines was 7 days with no power and no issues (with the wall anyway). Thanks to both of you for the replies and it sounds like I've got a major job ahead of me...

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.