Bright green pool, metal?

Ok. This is getting crazy. I added sequestrant Friday and started a slam last night. I got my pH down to 7.2 first. I then went and checked my CYA; it was completely clear, and I tested twice. Filling all the way to the top of the tube, there was no sign of CYA. I have not had any water loss (checked by turning off the water to my pool filler again last night). There has been no rain I decided to go with what I had been getting--about 40. I added 688 oz of 8.25% bleach last night which is what PoolMath indicated would get me to 16 from my current FC of 1. This morning it was 1 again. I backwashed a bit and repeated the dose. Am I doing ok? What''s the deal with the 0 CYA?

Thanks--

Al

Ok. The water is looking clearer with a little sudsing on the surface. I thought I'd. Take advantage of the low CYA and I'm doing my slam at about 16. I've given it four treatments at 12 hour intervals. I'm thinking it will likely take two more :-( After the slam should I add CYA, do another AATreatment, or what? The pool will close right after labor day. I presume I don't want to leave the stain in the closed pool?

Thanks--

Al

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.