Bright blue, cloudy pool and how i should clear it?

We recommend a low 30CYA if you are SLAMMING (shocking) the pool because at this level you can use a lower FC for the shock level, less chlorine overall (hopefully) and the CL is more "active" with a 20-30CYA. When the pool is clean and balanced, moving up to a 40CYA protects more of the FC. When you move from a 30CYA to a 40, you also need to move your target and minimum FC goals.

Well I can finally see the drain at the bottom of our 8 foot deep end!!!!! Its only faintly visible but such a relief to be able to see it at all. Although, I will admit that I did use a clarifier and I believe that it did help speed the process up. I had been noticing improvements over the last few days, especially after I did a deep cleaning to our filter. I have been using DE but I dont know if the DE or the deep clean of the filter did the most help, or maybe a combination of the two. But after adding about 5 oz of clarifier, in just several hours, the water had doubled the amount of progress that it had taken a week to do with just the filter with DE in it. Of course I agree that my water would have cleared with just chlorine and the filter, but I do believe that the clarifier has helped speed it up. That being said, before you even think of giving clarifier a shot, you need to know that the only thing that you are waiting on for you water to be clear, is the filter. If you arent passing OCLT or still have CC, then you will just be wasting money on clarifier, because your filter isnt whats causing the hold up at that point; youre still fighting something. I admit that just a few days after starting the SLAM process, I used a bottle of clarifier with absolutly 0 result. WASTED MONEY. The water was blue and extremely cloudy but I hadnt done any OCLTs but I can guarantee that I wasnt passing it when I first used the clarifier. But today when I was buying more chlorine, I decided to potentially waste another 10 dollars on clarifier but figured I would give it a shot since I had been seeing improvement in the water, albeit slowly, and had been passing OCLTs and wanted to see if it would have an effect this time around. Now although it does seem to have helped me in this case, I wont suggest it to anyone to use, as I do believe it is kind of hit and miss as to whether it will work or not. But if you are passing OCLT and CC tests are .5 or lower, and it's clear that the only thing you are waiting on is for your filter to catch the small particles and if you are willing to throw 10 dollars or so into your pool and watch it potentially dissolve away into nothing, then hopefully you will have that same luck that I did. Hopefully though, I wont have to be in this situation again because now that I know of BBB and know about testing my water and keeping it balanced, I can prevent something like this happening again before it gets so bad.

Thanks to everyone here that has provided me with help during this. Im sure I will continue to have more questions, and I looking forward to the advice that you all can give me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.