Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi experts.

I was using my spa, heater, and air blower and the breaker on my pool pump tripped. The breaker is a 40M Siemens breaker.

The breaker seems to also feed the pentair intellicenter i8psc with the ic40 salt cell, and the screen was out when it tripped.

The equipment that was on when the breaker tripped was a mastertemp400, intellflo3 vsf (set to 3400 rpm) and a silencer air blower (model 1-632042) 2hp, 240v 4.6amp is what's written on the sticker.

Could my breaker be overloading because there is to much on this breaker. The pool is barely 2 months old and it hasn't tripped (to my knowledge) when the equipment was running before.

I am going to try to turn on each equipment independently to rule out a short, but wanted to ask you all to see what yall think of this setup.

The breaker is a 40M Siemens breaker.

40M or 40 Amps? What is 40M?

What panel is this breaker in?

Post pics of the breaker?

Is the breaker GFCI?

The equipment that was on when the breaker tripped was a mastertemp400, intellflo3 vsf (set to 3400 rpm) and a silencer air blower (model 1-632042) 2hp, 240v 4.6amp is what's written on the sticker.

Do you have breakers in your IntelliCenter Load Center?

Those are a lot of devices to have on one breaker.

Show us how your IntelliCenter is wired.

WH,

Show us some pics of your IntelliCenter.

I am not sure how your system is wired, but everything should not be running off the same breaker, unless it is a breaker in your main house panel that is feeding the IntelliCenter.

In general, each device should have its own breaker and you would never want the panel's system power to be connected to the pump, heater or blower. These devices are the ones most likely to pop and you don't want your panel to turn off when that happens.

Is this 40 amp breaker a GFCI breaker? Is it located in the main house panel or in your EasyTouch?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
40M or 40 Amps? What is 40M?

What panel is this breaker in?

Post pics of the breaker?

Is the breaker GFCI?

Do you have breakers in your IntelliCenter Load Center?

Those are a lot of devices to have on one breaker.

Show us how your IntelliCenter is wired.
40A breaker and this is the load center breaker that's blowing.

The breakers from my home panel are not affected. I'll send some pics of the wiring.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
40A breaker and this is the load center breaker that's blowing.

The breakers from my home panel are not affected. I'll send some pics of the wiring.
Are you sure it's a 40a breaker and not a double pole 20a?
If it's a double pole 20, you are exceeding 100% which is likely causing a trip due to inrush current when everything tries to turn on. If3 ~12.4a, mt400 ~2.5a, ic40 1a, blower motor 4.6a, ic 1a = 21.4a load.
Unless you have a ton of other stuff in the intellicenter load center using spaces, you probably just need to add a breaker and move the blower motor to its own circuit. I would also move the intellicenter transformer to its own breaker just so when something else goes it doesn't take the whole system down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.