Brand New Pool Owner

Looking back through your thread, I don't see where a SLAM was ever required. In fact, this was a new fill correct? But I am concerned about the elevated CC. That could just be from the new water itself. Your FC is slightly elevated for a normal day (not SLAMming), which is probably good right now. I would keep it that way for a day or two and watch the CC. If it (CC) gets higher or the water starts to get cloudy, kick the FC up to 12 for a SLAM. Hope that helps.

Yes it was a new fill. So correct me if I am wrong. My TA is too high and I should add muractic acid which brings down my PH and TA? Then I should aerate or add baking soda to bring my PH back up?

TA is a bit elevated, but I wouldn't worry about that right now. pH is good as well. I would focus on the FC and slightly elevated CC to make sure the CC eventually goes down under .5. Keep FC between 5-10 for now to help that effort. Once the CC is lowered and you can lower FC to the ideal daily target rate, then you can look at lowering TA "IF" needed. I say "if" because if your pH stays constant in the mid 7s, then you can probably just leave TA alone for now. Over time, if you find pH rising too fast, then you can use acid to lower them both, and aerate which will only elevate pH and leave TA slightly lower.... then repeat. :)

PS - baking soda increases TA, so you don't want add any of that for a while. :)

TA is a bit elevated, but I wouldn't worry about that right now. pH is good as well. I would focus on the FC and slightly elevated CC to make sure the CC eventually goes down under .5. Keep FC between 5-10 for now to help that effort. Once the CC is lowered and you can lower FC to the ideal daily target rate, then you can look at lowering TA "IF" needed. I say "if" because if your pH stays constant in the mid 7s, then you can probably just leave TA alone for now. Over time, if you find pH rising too fast, then you can use acid to lower them both, and aerate which will only elevate pH and leave TA slightly lower.... then repeat. :)

PS - baking soda increases TA, so you don't want add any of that for a while. :)

Great thanks I even went out and bought the acid! Glad I waited. I'll get it all right one day! Thanks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.