Dilong1717

Jul 3, 2019
Newark DE
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all! I’ve been using this site for about five years now and it has been an absolute godsend. Luckily, I’ve never had an issue that needed solving until now. I have a 14 x 48 Intex pool and I just upgraded from the paper cartridge filter pump that I had been using for years to the Intex SX 1500 sand filter pump. Like many others, my return flow on filter setting is very weak compared to the recirculate setting. I’m at a loss and have no idea what else to do. I’ve spent a week trying to figure out the issue to no avail. It’s not an algae issue as we did a fresh fill the day before we installed the new filter pump but I did a slam anyway and had no chlorine loss over night. We’ve got no leaks and no air in the lines.
CYA-45
PH-7.4
CC - 0.5
FC - 14(coming down from slam at 16)
I use the Taylor k-2006 test kit so I know all my readings are accurate. Any ideas on what’s causing the low return flow?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.