Brand new Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filtee Pump Sluggish, not pulling in water?

alcarli

Jul 18, 2023
Michigan
The pump that came with my Coleman power steel pool was tiny and didn’t seem powerful enough to manage the 18’ round pool. After investigating recommendations I went with the Intex SX 1500 Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump… after installation, a light stream of water seems to be flowing back into the pool but it doesn’t look like much, if any, water is being pulled in through the I water inlet. I re-read the instructions three times, looked at YouTube videos, I’m at a loss. Help?! Attached are photos. Just trying to get a backyard pool going for the kids but didn’t expect the pump situation to be so complicated.

Attachments

• IMG_8243.jpeg
    IMG_8243.jpeg
    798.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8244.jpeg
    IMG_8244.jpeg
    795 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8245.jpeg
    IMG_8245.jpeg
    874.1 KB · Views: 10
That looks a bit small for an 18’ pool. If you went with what Intex recommends for your size pool, they always underestimate. For my 16’ Intex, I used the Intex Krystal Clear 2150 GPH sand filter pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.