Brand New dolphin active 40 doesn't get all dirt off the floor?

Rockybalboa

Jul 1, 2021
NY
Hi all. I know no vacuum is perfect, but is it normal for the active 40 to go right over dirt and not pick it up? It is definitely working as I clean the filter and there is dirt in it, but after 15 hours of running, a brand new pool with an auto over I was expecting more I guess.

Here is a picture of the dirt that has been on the bottom of the pool after several runs of the vacuum.

Attachments

• IMG20230529074918.jpg
    IMG20230529074918.jpg
    596.4 KB · Views: 11
My Polaris has 2 filters regular and fine. I run the fine after everything else is done and am always surprised how much more it picks up.

Are you sure that is dirt and not some growth? Can you wave it and it goes away?

Mine picks up most of what it runs over and blows away what it doesn't. Perhaps your filter is clogged a bit? How long is a cycle? Mine runs for 2 1/2 hours. Then another hour with the fine filter. Can you manually control that robot? Mine has a remote mode where I can steer it over the missed spots.

Rocky,

If the 'dirt' is loose, the robot should suck it right up.

If it is algae and attached to the floor, it won't.

If the robot sucks up most stuff, but does not get that particular stuff, I am not sure how it could be the robot.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.