Bought a Pool and it came with a house.

Re: Bought a Pool and it came with a houses.

Yea, and apparently no metals. All good stuff. FC this morning was 22. Still a whole lot of filling to do so hopefully tomorrow can get PH straight. And hopefully CYA will be something very manageable.
Everyone have a great day.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

No new updates, pool is still filling. I get to work from home tomorrow so will have all day to get it topped off and then get some measurements to get PH straight and then start a new SLAM. Really hoping that CYA is in a happy place. Especially since I just found out there is a pool party in the works for Saturday, hope I can make that work or I wont be in a happy place. :)
Pool still looks clear.

I do have a question, how do the return eyes work? Are they supposed to just turn or is the knurled outside ring supposed to be loosened, then move the eye and then retightened? I have one that will only rotate about 10 degrees.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

The eyeballs can get sticky over time. Sometimes you need to unscrew them all the way out and move them around a bit. Last time I messed with mine I need channel locks on a couple of them.

Sounds like a plan. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this water refill will get that CYA right where you want, and need it to be. Hopefully you can get the pH straightened out prior to restart. Remember, the pH reading will not be accurate with a FC greater than 10ppm. I'm not sure how far the refill water add will drop the FC levels for you? I'm hoping it drops the FC level at 10ppm or less, so you don't have to wait to adjust that pH, but only time will tell on that.

With the water being clear hopefully the rest of the SLAM will be quick, and easy, and you'll quickly pass OCLT since this is kind of your 2nd phase of SLAM. You've certainly earned a pool party after everything you've been through, so hopefully everything will pan out so the party can happen. The biggest issue will be you not being able to accurately check your pH again with an FC greater than 10ppm, (so getting it set before is almost crucial for a this weekend pool party, but it is safe to swim with the FC levels up to slam/shock levels (no higher) for your current CYA, so raising them to that level, after the pH adjust won't hinder the party plans.

Anyway, Good luck, and keep us posted. We'll help you try to make the party happen, if at all safely possible, from our end. You're doing an awesome job. Have a wonderful night. :)

The last time I adjusted my eye, I put a screwdriver in the eye itself, and pressed it gently to get it to move where I wanted it to be because mine was stuck and my hands just weren't strong enough to manually turn it. (Use the Force JET EYE LOL).

Thanks for the reminder on the FC level, I knew that but forgot. So I did a FC reading this morning it was 36!! I guess that is due to no movement in the water while it fills. I also took the stuck eyeball off and it just doesn't want to move, guess I need to get some new ones.

On mine the knurled part unscrews from the insert piece. This is the how the ball part is released from the assembly. I would be careful using metal pliers on the knurled part. I use a strap wrench so it doesn't crack the darn things. Once I got them loose I never fully tighten them.

In post #41 you reported a FC of 22, then in post #46 you reported an FC of 36. Were any chlorine additions made between those 2 posts? If not, and considering the addition of fill water and the actions of sunlight on the pool I'm not sure how your FC could have went up at all in a 26 hour period, much less by 14ppm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Just a note about safe swimming guidelines.

It is safe to swim when
PH is between 7.2 and 7.8
Chlorine is above minimum and below shock level
for your CYA level, Chlorine CYA Chart
Water is clear enough to see the bottom

Totally agree that FC reading makes no sense at all, as soon as it gets full and I can crank up the pump, I will retest.
Thanks for the reminder on the safe swimming, no one has been allowed in the pool since PH is a totally unknown, I am taking the heat for it though cause the pool looks ready to jump into. :sunny: Should have added, there has not been any additional chlorine added.

I got it off by hand, but the eyeball is frozen tight. Have it in a vinegar/water bath and will see if that frees it up.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Wow! If you can see the front and the back of the ball, I would try tapping on the ball while supporting the knurled ring. Just a light tap should do it.

I tapped, but it wasn't light :) Got it to point straight out but seems to be stuck in that position now. I will look and see if amazon carries them and get some new ones, not worth the additional struggle. Cant imagine they cost much.

I don't think you have the whole assembly apart. You should have three pieces. The knurled ring, the ball, and the insert. It really sounds like the ball is still captured by something. Interesting...

This is an assembled return:

return_assembled.jpg

This is kinda what it looks like apart:

return_apart.jpg

I see what you mean, banged on it again to try to push the eyeball out of the lock nut, wont budge. I ordered 2 new ones from amazon, will be here Friday. Once I get them I will play with this one with more force and see what is sticking it together.

Hello,

Like I said mine was the same way and I had to use a screwdriver like a pry bar inside my eye to get it to finally start moving.
(NOTE: Using a screwdriver as a pry bar in the return eye is Not the recommended, suggested, or even necessarily the correct way to move the eye because you can break it. This is just what I ended up having to do on mine to get it unstuck, and to remedy my problem. Thankfully, no return jet eyes were harmed during this procedure). Have a wonderful day and good luck. :)

Here is one view. I have been quite forceful with it but it doesnt want to cooperate.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.