Bought a foreclosure that included a 33,000 gallon, p.i.t.a., frog hatchery

I am not sure my liner was that far down but used a heat gun on a small section that is close to where it was attached and kept using the shims to put the liner that slipped out of place, back in, a few inches a day and over a week was able to get it all back in. Also used a slime bag to help filter algae carcasses this year really helped speed up the process (in my opinion) and I may in the future buy bags and modify them as in the post" Trying out the slimebags". more for the ease of cleaning but savings good too. If you order one, you will b probably get it the day your pool clears, LOL. But I use mine occasionally just to see if it collects anything and just had to SLAM again and I feel they help the pool filter clear the pool faster. I have sand filter and do not use DE.

I thought about the slime bags too, but for the price I never considered it a reasonable option. Good to see that there are less expensive ones on the market. Right now it just seems like there is so much dead debris on the bottom that it just takes forever capture it all. Honestly if I wasn't so concerned with the integrity of my walls and liner, I would have just drained and refilled. At this point the cost would have been close to what I've spent so far and I'd be light-years ahead. When I first started cleaning that pool out I was scooping leaves and debris for weeks it seemed. I have two mounds on either side of the fence about 2 foot high at the tallest point and 4 to 5 feet in diameter at the base, and that's not counting the garbage can I filled multiple times. The pool was unattended for at least 3 seasons that we know of and possibly more. The cover they had on had collapsed/ torn right in the center and just let absolutely everything in there including wildlife ( the 8 inch snapping turtle was quite an unexpected find, and I won't even get into what was not so alive) so I really had my work cut out for me. In the end though, I am proud of what I've been able to do with that mess of a pool, I mean I can actually see my brush and vacuum head when I use them now! I couldn't even brush the pool the first month I had it because all the debris would stop it dead.

I hear that, I pulled a grill out of mine, along with branches and leaves, several pick up truck loads. What worked for me was a large mouthed fishing net with the netting being 2" square. it caught the leaves but let water through. broke a leaf rake very fast and too slow, tried one of those leaf collectors you use with hose but that did not work well either. but now you will not have to worry as the hard work is done, best of luck and will be following to see how you do.

Thanks for the confidence boost! A grill?! That's a severe crime in my eyes, a grill should never be mistreated like that. We're you able to save the poor thing? If not, at least it's in a better place now... it really is good to hear from someone who was in a similar (sounds like maybe worse) situation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

it is in the junkyard now, amazing that it did not put a hole in the liner but the liner is really in pretty good condition now that it is cleaned up and put back in place. my biggest problem with liner is it is damaged, my guess is the previous owners using Dichlor to winterize and just threw in large amounts at different places then it settled to bottom and burned the liner, there are patches around the pool with a concentration near floor drain where the liner is all crinkled up. Or maybe to spite the mortgage company that foreclosed. I assume that is why the grill was in there.

Yeah, I had the top of my fountain thrown in there and all the equipment was bashed or taken except for the filter. It had a complex led lighting system that was completely destroyed and all of the wiring was ripped out. Apparently we bought the house for less than what they had into pool and surrounding area. Speakers hanging off my pergolas and direct TV dishes leaning on the roof. I'm pretty sure most of mine was spite also. Such a shame, I'm sure it was beautiful. I'll get it there eventually. I am concerned with the liner though, I really hope it's not trashed or I just wasted 2 seasons and a lot of money. I wish they would have just left the water slide...

Starting to wonder if my floor drain is clogged... when I replumbed at the beginning of the season, I neglected to put ball valves on the individual suction lines so I can't really do much about it at this time without ripping my plumbing back apart. My question is, am I safe to pressurize the lines and try to clear them out when I close? I know from experience that you can do it on residential plumbing (that's how they test for leaks) but don't want to risk damaging my underground lines. It's one thing to repair some drywall, whole different beast if I gotta bust up concrete.

21f20fb7fcd0f07060cb3e9b87333175.jpg

Starting to get there, You could take a shop vac and blow back the drains as you would do in closing your pool, I do not think it is capable of building too much pressure. If skimmers start to bubble but not bottom drain, plug skimmers with adjustable rubber stopper.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's literally what happened only I knew what it was when I stuck the pole in to fish him out. I didn't want him in there so I dipped the pole under him and raised him out and next thing I know he's half way up the 18 foot pole I had fully extended (only because I didn't have anything longer) and I had to smack it off the ground to get him to fall off. I could hear the brush rustling as he ran into the wooded area. Now I'm considering finding a new house, this one clearly needs to be burned to the ground along with all the surrounding areas

I'd honestly rather find a bear or mountain lion hanging out in my pool. I'm quite a large man and I'd rather take my chances and go out fighting than have no idea I've been bitten by some stupid little insect or arachnid and die mysteriously days later.

Just commenting on the DE 25lb issue. They sell it at our local health food/vitamin store. It's food grade. Not sure if that makes a difference. But it comes in 16oz bags and is usually around $3. So maybe try looking at one of those places if you have one.

Mod note: Food grade DE is not the same as pool grade DE. Please only use pool grade DE in your filter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.