Bought a foreclosure that included a 33,000 gallon, p.i.t.a., frog hatchery

What an awesome start! Finding TFP and ordering a good test kit. OH and sharing pictures! THANKS!

Now here is your "homework". Set up your signature so we will have access to your pool's info at a glance.

-settings-upper right, edit signature-middle left-Put in kind of pool-vinyl?, size in gallons (pool math can help with that down towards the bottom), equipment-kind and type of filter, pump, etc., any extras you might have.

Have you found and read the SLAM info? If not look done in MY siggy and click on that link. THIS will be your guide to a clear pool.

This one is going to be fun!

Kim:cat:

FC: 17ppm
Cc: 2ppm
Ph: 7.3
CYA: 60
Ta: 120
Pretty excited about those numbers considering where I started at with this swamp. I was holding off on a good long vacuum, but seeing my cya I'm considering tomorrow morning and topping back off and retesting. As far as cc and FC, the slam may have to be on hold for Monday. Pretty busy weekend. Any suggestions?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
hi Mike, what are the dimensions of the pool. I have a similar shape but the stairs are the old type.
my pool is 18 by 36 and since the edges are tapered the pool is really 24400 gallon.
I say that because if you add chlorine for a 24400 pool thinking it is 33000 you might burn
the vinyl liner white. use your leaf rake and see if the sides taper down to about 9' if you have
a 18' pole. my pool is about 3.5 feet low end.

have you seen the pool calculator to see how much chem needs to be added?
Pool Calculator

20x40 deep end 8' shallow 4'. I used pool math and came up with 35,000 but my sides do taper slightly in deep end so I called it 33. When I chlorinate, I'll add 1/2 to 3/4 of recommendation and test after half hour of circulation. Sound about right? Or should I use more caution?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Obviously the first picture is after I got it topped off, second is where I'm at currently, and my Taylor k2006 should be here by Tuesday at the latest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Mike if you are posting from tapatalk you can edit your signature and add your pool information too...

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8,400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 3,000 GPH pump with 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.