fhorta

May 30, 2013
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all. Looking to install a drain cover in underground gunite pool. The hole is bare, no mounting bracket, frame, nothing. Just finished surface and i guess what you call inner ring. There is about 5 to 6 inches from surface to bottom of sump. What is it that i would need to do? It used to have a flat round cover on it and i think was just being held with epoxy. If i get a kit with mounting frame, do the screws for the frame just go straight into the plaster ? Dont want to damage something. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20200422_195228.jpg
    20200422_195228.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 8
Does water drain from that hole from the bottom or from the pipe on the right side?

You have to figure out what fits. Although I suspect if something fit in there easily someone would have done it.

You don't need a main drain.

Sorry for late , late reply. I guess it drains out the pipe. Not sure what you mean i don't need a main drain. Im just wondering if i get a cover...looks like the size going to be about 8 in. , do i just stick the screws straight unto the finish cement/plaster whatever? There is a metal rim on top lining the finish and the drain hole. I'm worried screws wont penetrate, or if i should even be using screws.

There are various YouTube videos for installing drain covers. Here is one example...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.