Cincinnati, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Just received my test strips from TFTestKits...

I've done 3 of them... And the color is not matching up. If anything it's close to 75-100ppm... Even though this is a new construction plaster pool finished last July. And covered all winter. I've never added any borates.

How can I get an accurate reading, so I know how much granular to add?

Just received my test strips from TFTestKits...

I've done 3 of them... And the color is not matching up. If anything it's close to 75-100ppm... Even though this is a new construction plaster pool finished last July. And covered all winter. I've never added any borates.

How can I get an accurate reading, so I know how much granular to add?
Borate test strips will give a pink color for 0 ppm borate. Perhaps your strips are defective.

Interesting. I have exactly the same problem. I just got the borates test strips and could not figure out the color. It was somewhere 75-100. I never added any borates but the pool came with the house I bought two years ago, and I had pool service for a while, so I don't know what was put in the water before I took over. I did not test for borates before because I did not add any but decided to check the levels to decide if I want to add some.

Just ordered the extra supplies needed for the test from Amazon. The blue die is going to take a while, scheduled delivery is at the end of June :(
If you do this test, smart stir is almost a must have to do it accurately...

Also, you need a 50ml vial. I ordered this set. The 50ml doesn't fit into the smart stir, but works just fine sitting on top.

Yes, I have the smart stir and ordered everything beyond the TF-Pro that was listed in the post Marty mentioned. The 50 ml beaker listed in the post in no longer available on Amazon, so I ordered something similar, slightly smaller in diameter so maybe it will fit on the smart stir better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.