Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi,

i finally got the boric acid 55lbs from Duda. I couldn't find a tutorial of how to properly add this to my pool, and how soon after I can swim?

please advise,

thank you kindly!

Hi thank you. I recall seeing last year that your pool levels should be a specific number prior to adding any boric acid (borates)? Is there a specific PH, TA, CH pool must be prior to boric acid application? I also understand I won't be able to lower my TA as much after the addition of borates. Why is that? And what should I target prior to boric acid?

Hi my levels are as follows:
FC-3
TA- 75
CYA- 40
CH- 120
CC- 0
PH- 7.7
Temp- 74 F

Am I safe to put boric acid at this point?

Many thanks

Okay I added borates. Pool math said 20,000 ML. I added 10,000 checked, it seemed to be around 30. Than I decided to add 5,000ML more to not go over. It seems to be more than 50. I am concerned now that I over applied the boric acid. Is it safe to swim? What are your thouguts? Or, should I be safe and drain the water? I have included the same test strip next to 30/50/80 for comparison. Please advise.

Thank you

hvDMage.jpg

gmBKkh9.jpg

kS6TKdX.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.