Your decimal is in the wrong place.

View attachment 550276

View attachment 550276

View attachment 550276
Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 9.10.06 PM.png
How would I have known that I needed to change the decimal? Thanks for letting me know, though!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 9.10.06 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 9.10.06 PM.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In general, there are very few times you need to raise pH.

If your pH is in the 7s, leave it alone, it will rise on its own over time.

What is your current pH and TA?
I'd say you have set the pool volume to 17 gal instead of 17000 gallons.
Is it possible that my pool math is broken? If I set it at 17 it says the same thing. If I refresh the page the gallons go to 17 and I have to type in the comma and 3 0's. And it still says the same.

Is it possible that my pool math is broken? If I set it at 17 it says the same thing. If I refresh the page the gallons go to 17 and I have to type in the comma and 3 0's. And it still says the same.

As I said, PoolMath obviously interprets the comma as a decimal point. It's a bug. Just type it in without comma.

Last edited:
If the purpose is raising pH, then it would be counterproductive to first add something to raise pH and then add acid to lower it. It should

As I said, PoolMath obviously interprets the comma as a decimal point. It's a bug. Just type it in without comma.
I took out the comma and it is fixed! Thank you!

It's at 7. I'll leave it be then. But I still wondered what would happen if you only added borax and no acid.

If the purpose is to raise pH, then it wouldn't make sense to first add borax to raise pH and then undo the effect by adding acid.

You are probably confusing this with the other use case for borax, to add Borates to the pool. In this case you have to add large quantities of borax to get the desired effect on the Borate level, but then the pH rise (collateral damage in this use case) needs to be compensated by acid.

In this case it is better to raise the Borates level by adding boric acid, which is more pH neutral than borax.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.