Booster pump not coming on, communication lost error

P,

Is the main pool pump running??? At this time does the pump's display show Display not active???

Using ScreenLogic see what speed the main pump is running and let me know.

While you are in ScreenLogic, see if there are any delays and alerts..

Thanks,

Jim R.

P,

Here is a test that I want to make sure is still working after we changed the wiring.

Put the system in the Service mode, wait until the pump's screen shows an RPM screen,
Then push the F button and the main pump should run.
Then push the Aux 1 button and tell me if the booster runs for longer than a minute.

I know we did this before, but I want to make sure it is still working..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, I unplugged the cleaner from the return, and put it back in. Turned the back knob /screw of the booster pump, and tried again, It came on and it is working for the time being !! What an experience.

THANK YOU FOR GUIDING ME THROUH IT ALL!!!

P,

Here is a test that I want to make sure is still working after we changed the wiring.

Put the system in the Service mode, wait until the pump's screen shows an RPM screen,
Then push the F button and the main pump should run.
Then push the Aux 1 button and tell me if the booster runs for longer than a minute.

I know we did this before, but I want to make sure it is still working..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Now the booster / cleaner is working !!! Thank you !

P,

Is the main pool pump running??? At this time does the pump's display show Display not active???

Using ScreenLogic see what speed the main pump is running and let me know.

While you are in ScreenLogic, see if there are any delays and alerts..

Thanks,

Jim R.
The pump is running at 1850 and the booster cleaner at 1500, good to keep ?

Attachments

• IMG_3163.png
    IMG_3163.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 3
The pump is running at 1850 and the booster cleaner at 1500, good to keep ?
The 1500 rpm will never be used. The PUMP mode is at a higher rpm, and thus overrides the 1500 rpm. No big deal, but just for your knowledge.

Your POOL Mode rpm should be set for what satisfies the flow switch on your SWCG. I would lower the pump rpm to 1200 rpm and see if the SWCG flow light turns red. If red, raise it 100 rpm until the flow light turns green. Then add 100 rpm to that. That would be your POOL mode base rpm.

P,

We do not beleive that there is a unversal number for everyone. It just depends on your equipment and your plumbing.

The Pool Circuit should be whatever speed turns on your SWCG's flow switch (Green Flow light) plus 100 or so RPM, just to make sure.

For me this is 1200 RPM, I suspect that you have a heater, so my 'guess' is that it will be between 1500 and 1800 for you, as a heater restricts the water flow.

Just slowly adjust the speed down until the flow light turns red, and then slowly increase the speed until the the flow light turns green. Add 100 RPM and call that the slowest speed you ever want to run. Set your Pool Circuit to that speed.

I would think that you want your cleaner speed to be higher than your Pool speed by 200 RPM or more, but you'd set that speed by how well the cleaner is working or not working. Keep in mind that the booster pump is a single speed pump. The 'Cleaner' speed, is the speed that the main pool pump runs when you want the cleaner to work.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The higher rpm scheduled to run wins. So the Pool Mode rpm should be the lowest rpm in your schedule.

P,

You always want your slowest speed to be the Pool Circuit speed.

You should schedule your Pool to run the total amount of time you want the pool to run..

Here is how it works... Just made up number for this example, this would be a stupid schedule in real life.

Pool = 1500
Cleaner = 2000
Waterfall = 2500
Spa = 2800

Set Pool to run 8 am until 8 pm
Set Cleaner to run 10 am until 11 am
Set Spa to run 1 pm until 3 pm
Set Waterfall to run 2 pm until 3:30 pm

AT 8 am the pool circuit comes on and the pump runs at 1500 RPM
At 10 am the Cleaner circuit comes on and this increases the pump speed to 2000 RPM -- Notice that the Pool Circuit is still on.
At 11 am the Cleaner shuts off and the pump speed decreases to 1500 RPM
At 1 pm the Spa circuit comes on and the pump speed increases to 2800 RPM
At 2 pm the Waterfall circuit comes on but the pump speed stays at 2800 RPM because the pump will run the fastest speed it sees.
At 3 pm the Spa Circuit turns off (Pool is back on) and the pump speed will now be 2500 RPM (Waterfall speed)
At 3:30 pm the Waterfall Circuit turns off and the pump speed will drops back to 1500 as the only circuit on is the Pool Circuit.
At 8 pm the pump will shut off.

The above is not an example of a real schedule, but just a way to show how the EasyTouch, your IntelliFlo, and your schedules work to control the pump speeds.

Please let me know if this does not make sense.

I personally run my IntelliFlo 24/7, because I'm making a little chlorine all the time, and I like skimming all the time, and I like the look of the water when it is moving. Since I run at 1200 RPM most of the time, my cost to run 24/7 is less than $20 bucks a month and I have an older IntelliFlo. Yours is much more energy efficient!!

Thanks,

Jim R.

Good morning Jim, happy Father’s Day!
Few questions:
1- what is the difference between RPM and GPM, which is better to program for on your Logitech?
2-my booster/ cleaner shows in my Logitech and easytouch panel that is on, but it is not.

P,

People that believe in the "Turnover" myth, tend to want to use GPM, those that don't, tend to use RPM.

To me RPM is much simpler to use..

Sounds to me like your booster pump may be bad or the relay that turns on the booster pump may be bad.

It could be as simple as a bad start cap in the booster pump.

The only way to know for sure is to use s voltmeter and measure the voltage right where it goes into the booster pump.

I "assume' that the booster pump light on the EasyTouch is on, indicating that the EasyTouch is trying to tell the booster to run.

You can go out and see if you can hear the booster pump humming..

Thanks,

Jim R.

P,

On top of your booster pump is a "hump".. inside the metal hump is a start capacitor.

You should change that capacitor and see if that fixes your problem.

I don't know much about booster pumps, but you should be able to google the pump P/N and come up with a replacement cap.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.