Bonding 12x24 Intex Ultra Frame

Here is what I'm picturing. Since the top ring is all metal just one bond to the top ring and straight down to the bottom ring. Screw a bonding lug to the inside bottom of each leg and run a ring around the pool inside the legs. Should be fairly unobtrusive.

So, bond the top rails to the legs with #8 gauge bare copper wire, maybe one on each side of the pool (4 connection points). Then run #8 gauge bare copper wire around the base (where the legs touch the concrete pad), inside the legs so it's not too obtrusive, and connect that to each of the 18 legs with a bonding lug. Should the upper 4 bonds be run down to the copper ring at the base of the legs as well?

26 bonding lugs total (8 for the top rail to leg connections/18 for the base of the legs). That sounds like a bit of work, but reasonable. On top of that, the pool is apart so we could pour the concrete, so easy-peazy if I do it before I set it up again....

The next step is to bond that setup, the water, and the pump together. And if I really do understand the concept of bonding , those three need to be bonded to the rebar in the concrete?

I appreciate the input and suggestions. Obviously, I'm treating what's supposed to be a temporary pool like a permanent AGP installation and there's no way the code will explain proper bonding for this situation. I didn't have a problem before with the all Intex setup and stray voltage, but the new concrete slab an pump upgrade got me to thinking about safety.

thanks for being specific....Bob

I would put one bonding lug on the top rail on the bottom on each side and run the #8 down the leg to the lug on the bottom, you can put 2 wires in one lug. So, 2 lugs on the rail and 1 on each leg. It all needs to be tied together; pool frame, water, pump and rebar.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.