Blue World Pool w/copper ionizer help

Babyrtlisas

Jun 7, 2021
Alvarado, Texas
We have had our pool for 2 years but this year we can’t get it open. We have new sand in filter, new copper ionizer, and were told Chlorine bleach was the only chemical needed. But, the pool has stayed cloudy. We live in Texas and our rain totals has been insane. So I know this has a little to do with it. But, our local pool store is suggesting more chemicals. Just don’t want to ruin our warranty. Have tried contacting the company to no avail at this time. Anyone else have any suggestions? We would greatly appreciate it!!

Hi and welcome. Do you test your pool water, and if so, what test kit do you use? The cloudiness is likely due to your water chemistry - an algae bloom getting geared up.

Unfortunately the copper ionizer isn’t a good idea. It introduces unnecessary metals into your pool that can cause staining.

We can help you get your pool clear, if you are willing to refrain from buying a bunch of chems you don’t need and instead, use our tried and true method of using your own test kit to see exactly what is going on with your water, and then adding only what is needed.

Are you using *enough* chlorine, and doing it daily? Remember that chlorine is a consumable item. You can't just add it once a week and expect it to last the week. It needs to be added daily or every other day in some pools.

We need to know these current test results:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Why did you change the sand??

I would also suggest you unplug the copper device. It doesn't do anything for sanitation.

ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Recommended Levels
FC/CYA Levels

Maddie :flower:

Well, we did have our water tested but I don't currently have the results with me. My husband put them in his wallet. But, we have been adding Chlorine bleach not daily, due to the fact that we haven't been in it at all. We have had a great deal of rain lately also. But, when we purchased out pool, we were told that it was a chemical free pool due to the copper ionizer and would only need chlorine bleach. We are also still under a warranty and just don't want to do anything that could void that. But, we are very open to learning all the tricks and are super eager to get the pool functioning for what summer is left. I will get the water test results to share with you so that you can assist me further. I am very eager to learn. I had back surgery 4 weeks ago and was looking forward to using the pool to assist with my recovery and much needed exercise.
Thank you to each of you that has replied to my question. I will have more information tomorrow.

That copper thing is Crud. Pool stores sell them but that doesn't mean they work. It helps avoid algae but it does nothing for bacteria, viruses and person to person transmission. Let me put it bluntly- the CDC states that if you have 3 people in the pool they have between them enough poop on their backside to equal a TicTac mint. And that's adults, babies and children aren't the cleanest down there...you know? If someone has had diarrhea in the past two weeks someone else could get it from them while in the water. All it takes is a drop or two of water in your mouth.

Chlorine is needed daily, not just on the days you're in the pool. Did you READ those links I posted above?? Chlorine can be Liquid Chlorine (sometimes called "Liquid Shock") or plain bleach, or a granular or puck product although we don't recommend them.

Are you on city water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.