Blue Essence SWG odd display value

BC151pro

Jul 31, 2023
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hi,
I'm in S Florida near FTL and had my inground pool remodeled in 2021. We converted to a salt system and a Blue Essence was installed with a T-5 cell. The default salinity reading is usually showing as close to 3200 ppm as I can possibly keep it at but with this heat wave and daily 1-2 inches of rain it fluctuates, and then I adjust. Last week we got 4 inches in 2 days and my default reading was showing 2700 ppm. After a couple days some evaporated and I added 1 bag of salt to bring it up to 3000. The next day and since, my default reads "3.00". Somehow now there is a decimal point and a zero missing!. My local Leslie's tested the water today and they say it's at 3100 ppm so I cannot figure out why my PPMs now include a decimal point. I reset the unit and all other readings are displaying normal. I can't find any reference to this on Hayward's troubleshooting tips.
The only thing I can think of is due to the heat my water temp is in the 90's and I read that that can cause malfunctioning but my pool is in operation from 6am - noon so water should be cooler when it cycles on.

Attachments

• Display.jpeg
    Display.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 8
  • T-5 salt cell.jpeg
    T-5 salt cell.jpeg
    431.7 KB · Views: 8

Display Showing Incorrect Characters or Settings Randomly Change.​

Most likely the display board is not making secure contact with the pins. Reseat the board:[46]

• Turn off power.
  • Remove display.
  • Reinstall the small display board. It snaps in place on plastic standoff pins. You have to align the metal connection wires into the correct holes in the board.
  • Check all diagnostics.
Check to make sure that the T-Cell type is correct in diagnostics.

When the pins don't make good contact, the settings randomly change and the screen can get jumbled.

If the T-cell type gets on the wrong setting, the salt reading will be wrong.

The Display Board (GLX-PCB-DSP) for the Hayward AquaRite will occasionally fail. Most of the time this is due to an electrical surge. You can find a YouTube video from InyoPools to provide a guide on how to replace the GLX-PCB-DSP - "How To: Replace an AquaRite Display PCB"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.