Blockage between skimmers!!!

Vorsichtglas

May 17, 2022
France
Hey all. New here to this forum. But I have something blocking one of my 2 skimmers. It is the skimmer furthest from my pump and it just doesn't pull! The skimmer line runs to the next skimmer (which works well) then to the pump. This was a custom built pool so I have a T at Skimmer 2 BUT I cannot access it as the hole is at the bottom and I can't even get my slinky spring around the corner! The distance is only about 2m between skimmers but can I shift the blockage? NO! I have tried sucking with a wet vac and even sucking with the vacuum line (I have a separate port for that) but still can't shift what's in there! Do I just block it and leave it or has anyone got a clever solution?

V,

Do you really have a blockage or is it just the design?

The near skimmer always has much more suction than the far skimmer and that is with each skimmer home-run back to the pad. With the plumbing going to the near skimmer first and then to the far skimmer, I suspect that there is just no suction left by the time it gets to the far skimmer.

As a test, put some kind of plug in the suction line in the near skimmer, and see if the pump quickly runs out of water, or if the far skimmer just starts to work.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.