Bronze Supporter
May 20, 2018
Clovis, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m in Central California, we’ve had a historic amount of rain this winter (we don’t close our pools here).

This has been the best thing that’s ever happened to my pool water. Literally the only thing I’ve done since “closing” last summer has been to leave some pucks in a floater. Just did the first full test in some time after getting everything cleaned up and ready for the season. After basically ignoring my pool other than to use pucks and keep dumping excess water all winter, some of the best looking water I’ve ever had:

FC: 3.5
pH: 7.8
TA: 70
CA: 350 (down from 600!)
CYA: 40
CSI: 0.01

I kept my submersible pump next to the pool with my garden hose in place all winter for regular 1.5-2" drain events due to the atmospheric rivers rolling through. I had to add 60# of salt before reinstalling my SWCG. Get ready though, daily FC loss is ramping up fast now with sunny days and high temps into the 90s this week. Swim season is here already. :swim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.