"Black hat" for outlet jet

Ok thanks. Gonna try the hardware stores again tonight, after trying to measure things a bit more, and see what all i can find.

I still can't find a diagram showing how big the holes actually is, or what size the threaded part on those best way 1.5in hoses are exactly.

Looking at my pool cover more, I don't think draining will be an option, it's like JUST the right size now and barely any wiggle room.

I found these

Reactions: rj2222
Definitely looks fatter than the black hats that block the two inlets to the filter pump. Wonder if those will work with my Coleman/Bestway.
When i search them on amazon it says they do- many sellers come up
Here’s one with measurements - others will pop up
SKARUMMER Pool Wall Plug Replacement for Intex Bestway Coleman Summer Escape Ground Swimming Pools Filter Pump Strainer Hole Plug Stopper (4 Pack) Amazon.com

Thanks, I was looking at others trying to see if they were 1.5in too.

Was also looking at this at home depot, not sure if this would work though

Assuming everything holds up for longer than a few hours, think this may be solved.

Cheap plastic bowl over the jet output thing was a success once tight enough and with enough natural pressure.

Ended up finding the expandable plugs but none big enough to fit that actual B hole if I remove everything. So left the jet thing inside the pool, and with that bowl over it, removed all that stuff and a 2in hose plug fit into the jet thing's post/rod, gave the plugs twist nut a few turns to get it tight.

Now I just hope at some point since it's on the outside it shoots out from the pressure of the water 😂

Does it sound like I'm in a good spot, or any flaws in the plan you all can think of?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's the only bad thing, as far as I can tell the little jet piece the water comes out of from the filter is just one solid plastic or something piece that goes through the big hole in the pool liner wall. Not even sure one of those expanding plugs would really stay in the hole in the soft liner wall, would it?

The grate part on the inside should be removable with the rest of the fitting still inside the wall. Then you can plug the hole in the fitting from inside the pool.
I’m not quite understanding where you currently put the plug. You don’t want the water to be in the valve over the winter.
Did you remove the valve? If so then you’re ok if you can get a screw in plug.
I have a low return that I plug from the outside every year with a screw in plug like the white one I posted above.
Which exact coleman pool do you have?

Maybe it unscrews and its just on there super tight and I couldn't get it off, will look more at it today. I was looking for a visible screw on the outside of it but didn't see anything, did try to give it a light twist but didn't want to break anything so didn't try real hard out of fear. I can put a little more muscle into it today though if that's best :)
Right, don't think it's ideal how I have it, was thinking the same thing that there's water all the way up to that plug which could be bad even though it's open into the pool itself, path of the least resistance if it freezes i suppose.
I do have a plug like the one you showed from Leslie's, but the one sized for a 2in hose/pipe, which fits snugly in the pipe part outside the pool of that jet outlet thing with the grate, where you would connect the plunger valve on the outside that lets you open/close the water flow. Hope that makes more sense.
This is the pool Amazon.com

That's exactly it on the left there. So looks like that dome part all the way on the right of the left picture does come off somehow. But the second thing in from the right, that's the part I was referring to that had the "pipe" where I have that plug in but from the outside. So basically removed the plunger valve all the way on the left in that pic then put the plug in its place.

Kudos to whoever screwed that on in the first place, was super tight, almost too tight. Finally got it off, took the plug off the outside, finally got it just right on the inside.

For anyone stumbling upon this in the future, use the black hats that came with the pool for the two smaller inlet ports, and get a #11 2in expansion plug for the outlet port.

• Love
Reactions: Mdragger88
Well Done Bravo GIF by Friends

• Haha
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.