Black Algae or Plaster/Gunite problem

Thanks Pooldv - First I will try and win the cash :D then hopefully on Tuesday when I am back, the pool company will come out and confirm that I have both worn plaster and black algae. My strength is not good enough to scrub, scrub, scrub. I've tried but do not see any difference. Then I will make a plan. I'm hoping the bad patches will be patched and the black spots of algae can be removed with bleach and scrubbing. Tomorrow I will increase the CH. I done a 2nd test and it was 180.

Is it a pool company or a plaster company that I need to call out? I presume a pool company as they do repairs to plaster, etc?

Ok, so an update. The pool company came out and said it was worn plaster and the gunite was showing through :( He could not confirm if it looked like black algae as well going on around the pool. Personally it looks like the gunite now showing up all around the base of the pool. Ugh. Looks like I will go ahead with a replaster job.

Question: do you think there is a possibility that the bleach could cause the plaster to be corrosive? I must say it is only within the past one year or so that I noticed this happening.

Thanks....I do know that my CH had gotten low without me realizing - 180 instead of 250. Do you think that might have caused it if it was low for a few months?
I know my other levels have always been good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.