KSGROWN88

Jun 30, 2021
Edmond, Oklahoma
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi! Ok, I believe I have Black Algae , but not completely sure. I have an 18,000 gallon pool in Oklahoma that we leave open year round. I had a new liner put in 3 seasons ago. This time around we did textures stairs. During the winter months I noticed a lot of dirt/pollen (or what I thought was). I would occasionally sweep steps and just figured when spring came around , I would get the vacuum out to get really clean. The only after looks crystal clear, hence my late start on making sure everything was balanced, etc. I had my son start brushing the pool regularly back at the beginning of May and noticed that the steps never were completely clean. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the dirt on the side of the step that was smooth , I could scrape that off with my fingernail. Well, I dumped a bunch of shock in it, along with brushing it used some black algae remover. So now the steps look like a very light tan brown color. Is the black algae still active? Thanks you any insight. Also, I use Pristine Blue and have for the past 10 years and have never had issue, I have had a busy spring and late to the party in getting pool up and running. Working on getting pool balanced so I can get that started again.

Welcome to the forum.
Show us some pictures of what you are seeing.

Pristine Blue is copper. Realize that in time, you will get staining.

I am still working on it by using a chlorine puck. As far as the PB, this is 3rd season with this liner. Last liner I didn’t have textured stairs. Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    751.2 KB · Views: 9
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.