Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi.
I’ve been working hard to get my levels perfect with an in ground plaster pool with SWG, but I have small little dark spots on my plaster. The water is crystal clear.

CYA 55-60
pH 7.2-7.8 (treating for 7.2 every time)
FC was 9
CC 0.5-1.0
TA 90

Most of the spots are the size of a bean except 3 that are dime and quarter size. I took wire brushes to all the spots and they barely change. The big ones change a little more but not matter how hard I scrub I can’t completely get them off. Anyway - I am slamming now per the recommended levels on the forum and pool math.

1) Will those spots go away on their own if this slamming process works? I read that they have a little cap that protects them. What else can or should I do?

I’m treating to get my FC level at 23. I’m 16 hours into the process. Lost FC overnight, which I expected. Levels are back up again as I added more chlorine.

2) If I don’t lose any FC tonight (OCLT) am I done?

Thanks in advance!

Since you started the SLAM process, go ahead and complete it. You are finished with the SLAM when........

1. Your Pool water is crystal clear with no visible sign of algae
2. You passed the OCLT losing not more than 1 ppm of FC
3. Your CC's test is either .5 ppm or 0 ppm.

Will that make the black spots go away? Probably not right away. Do you have a pic?

Since you started the SLAM process, go ahead and complete it. You are finished with the SLAM when........

Will that make the black spots go away? Probably not right away. Do you have a pic?
It’s in my deep end. So I don’t have a way to get a good photo. It’s greenish black and feels smoother than the adjacent plaster. I’ll try a photo.

Attachments

• 15C5D928-BA29-45AC-A1B4-FCF51494F4A2.jpeg
    15C5D928-BA29-45AC-A1B4-FCF51494F4A2.jpeg
    394.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 29D1BBF6-CF93-48B0-A42C-6F05A94D8FCC.jpeg
    29D1BBF6-CF93-48B0-A42C-6F05A94D8FCC.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 7
We had one before when I was paying a different company to “maintain” my pool and he said it was algae. I’m not sure how they got rid of it at the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.