BigJD's Pool Build by the numbers

I did the Blu-60, also. For coping I used the TB bullnose paver, but I chose Parisien 6x9 as a border. I referred to that Garden Web post several times when I was choosing a product, but until my installer to took me to view an actual Blu patio he did in person, I didn't realize how large the slabs actually are. I thought the 6x6 border looked a little dwarfed by the Blu.

Good luck with your project.

Update. Coping footer in and base laid out.
470ae3ec-f016-24b0.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So far it has been 3.5 days ... probably a few hours tomorrow (polymeric joint sand, set one more tread which is scope creep). I love how hard these guys work ... they built my wall in 2 days plus 2 hours last year, that's why I got them back for the patio.

carlscan26 said:
That was fast!

Question: is the diving rock resting on the pool's coping lip?

No. The built a footer under the rock. The rock is actually tilted and cantilevered around 3-4" over the coping lip. I stood on the tip and it did not move (and I am not a small guy). Luckily the ground has had a year to settle and they dug that area area out pretty deep, compacted it and built a footer. All the weight is behind the pool wall. I had the same concern. Now they did fill in under the rock with pieces of coping and mortar. Fingers crossed. :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.