Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Hello,
We just had a really big rain here and it has raised the water level to be above the skimmer. Does the pump still operate in this case? Do I need to pump it out or can I just wait for hotter weather to evaporate it? I don’t have a main drain so if needed, I would need to manually drain it out. What are the risks to leaving the water over the skimmer?

Thank you

Hello,
We just had a really big rain here and it has raised the water level to be above the skimmer. Does the pump still operate in this case? Do I need to pump it out or can I just wait for hotter weather to evaporate it? I don’t have a main drain so if needed, I would need to manually drain it out. What are the risks to leaving the water over the skimmer?

Thank you
I’d suggest draining it out. As stated your pump will be fine, but with the water above the skimmer it won’t be skimming. So any surface debris won’t get skimmed out.

I’m in a similar situation as you with no drain. This isn’t going to be the last time you’ll need to drain water, so I recommend getting a cheap submersible pump.

I have something similar to this one. Not the fastest but it works fine for my needs. I’m not familiar with Canadian retailers but you can possibly find it cheaper. I paid around $50-$60 USD for mine iirc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.