betta SE vs betta 2

gvc

Mar 26, 2010
I was wondering if anyone has upgraded their betta 2 to a betta SE and what the upgrades were, besides new motors. I asked them about sending my betta 2 back for new motors but they said they would replace those motors with new betta 2 motors and not the newer SE motors. The only way to get the SE motors was to buy the SE. They are offering a $120 trade in allowance to upgrade.

I've tested both. They upgraded the motors and it's a bit more durable than the previous version. To me they had about the same exact performance.

My Betta2 is in for repair. They can replace the motors with whatever they want as far as I am concerned. However, if they keep putting the less reliable motors in they unit will keep going back. I bought the 3 year warranty with 2 way shipping included.

At some point I think it would make sense for them to put the upgraded motors in, but thats their call.

Next time I buy one, I will buy it with the Asurion warranty and just get a new one when it breaks.

My Betta2 is in for repair. They can replace the motors with whatever they want as far as I am concerned. However, if they keep putting the less reliable motors in they unit will keep going back. I bought the 3 year warranty with 2 way shipping included.

At some point I think it would make sense for them to put the upgraded motors in, but thats their call.

Next time I buy one, I will buy it with the Asurion warranty and just get a new one when it breaks.
Just seeing this thread. I purchased an SE when the price went down on Amazon thanks to an alert on this site. My Betta 2 just crapped out and waiting for me to return it. I am running the SE. The only differences I notice are: 1)that the SE moves much slower around the pool than the 2 and even 1, so slow that if I don’t see it from the house I start thinking it was stolen or got out of the pool on its own! and, 2) that SE doesn’t crash as hard into the pool wall or dislodge the skimmer diverter I made to keep it from parking in the skimmer opening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.