Betta SE Plus

Check out my thread on the Aiper Scuba S1. Really starting to enjoy it.
Oh - I have been reading it a lot. I think I give another couple of months but keep updating the thread with any data.
Thanks for your contributions!!

Got the SE Plus and it was hung up in skimmer current within 5 minutes. Not enough power to pull away from it and I’m only running the pump on a medium speed. Don’t want to turn down the pump or put barriers around the skimmers because they do a fantastic job. Was hoping to just help them out with the Betta. Bye bye Betta.
IMG_7562.jpeg

Got the SE Plus and it was hung up in skimmer current within 5 minutes. Not enough power to pull away from it and I’m only running the pump on a medium speed. Don’t want to turn down the pump or put barriers around the skimmers because they do a fantastic job. Was hoping to just help them out with the Betta. Bye bye Betta.
View attachment 567262
I just took a piece of 1" foam I had laying around, cut it to make a divider that sticks out a little. It seems to steer away from it. Or you can turn skimmer flow down a little if your skimmers have a separate valve. You barely need them if you run Betta 24/7.

I just took a piece of 1" foam I had laying around, cut it to make a divider that sticks out a little. It seems to steer away from it. Or you can turn skimmer flow down a little if your skimmers have a separate valve. You barely need them if you run Betta 24/7.

Tcat, I did redirect almost all of my pool suction to the floor drains rather than the skimmer since the skimmer is basically not needed anymore. A couple of advantages to having the Betta SE is that:
  1. I barely ever have to clean out the skimmer any more
  2. I do not have to worry about over taxing the pump anymore trying to suck debris through the skimmer during leaf, flower, pine needle, or any other debris season
  3. When I go on vacation, I can turn the skimmer completely off and not have to worry about the pool getting too low on water for the skimmer or something clogging up the skimmer causing the pump to overheat.
My Betta SE has found a permanent home in my pool.

On a side note: I just realized that before I bought the Betta SE, my pool suction was set-up entirely opposite. I barely had any suction on the floor drains and all directed to the skimmer, and I always worried on a couple week vacations that the skimmer would get clogged and the pump would overheat. Betta SE is worth every penny of non-stress.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support