New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I’m having a hard time matching the color on my Ph test but I think it’s on the high side and climbing. Before lowering I was wondering if my solar betta bot surface skimmer could be the culprit? It’s running 24/7 skimming the surface, would this be considered aeration?

Attachments

• IMG_8375.jpeg
    IMG_8375.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 26
I’m having a hard time matching the color on my Ph test but I think it’s on the high side and climbing. Before lowering I was wondering if my solar betta bot surface skimmer could be the culprit? It’s running 24/7 skimming the surface, would this be considered aeration?
Looks like 7.5-7.6. If the pH starts with a 7, then its l
perfect, no need to adjust.

The bot is minimal to no effect.

Thank you! I’m new to testing with the TF kit. Should I be looking for the undertone of the color and not so much the saturation when reading results?

I’m having a hard time matching the color on my Ph test
A consistent background is key. I prefer a backlit background. To get a consistent backlight, hold the block in front of your computer monitor with a blank white screen displayed (I use Google's homepage). Also, try holding the block sideways or upside down. Sometimes that helps distinguish colors better. I also use two old hotel keycards to mask off areas and narrow down my decision.

Thank you! I’m new to testing with the TF kit. Should I be looking for the undertone of the color and not so much the saturation when reading results?
Its the color you’re comparing not the saturation. The auper pink/purple at 8.2 that you just want to keep the pH under.

Looks like 7.5-7.6. If the pH starts with a 7, then its l
perfect, no need to adjust.

The bot is minimal to no effect.
I find that if I add 3 drops of the r-0014 instead of 5 the color is easier to match and much more closely resembles the colors on the block. Will this give me inaccurate results?

Attachments

• IMG_8392.jpeg
    IMG_8392.jpeg
    276.2 KB · Views: 4