SW Boston Suburbs
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I had a working schedule with 2 overlapping routines until a few days ago when I mucked with the circuits and the Intelliflo setup in an attempt to change (make slower) one of the 2 active pump speeds scheduled. Now only one of them is working as scheduled...the one I did not touch. What is the best way to clean this up? What can I delete and what can I rename as I make my edits and is there some step I'm missing to clear things after a change in order for the updated schedule to take effect? I tried to rename a few things...I can't recall if that was at the Circuit or at the Set up Intelliflo level

I don't have the time right now to grab screen shots or make any changes...that will have to wait until later today when I am off work. If someone can get point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Pump Screen SL.pngSched Screen SL.png
Let's start with showing us these screens. Or the ones out of Configure Screenlogic.

Here's what I have...
The "NoFC" schedule runs as expected and is the one I did not modify. It is named as is because I need to run the pump at 1650 or greater for the SWG to be active and this gives me something where I can at least run the pump for filtering and circulation if not also generating Chlorine.

What I see when I get up and check on the pool before I log on for work (around 6 AM ET) is that "NoFC" is running but "PoolLow" is not. T that point I have been turning on PoolLow manually.

In looking further under "Settings" and then "Egg Timer everything was set to 12 hours. I've since set the basic circuits I tend to use (PoolLow, NoFC and LoFlow1750) to "Don't Stop) and will see what happens in the morning.

Again. Is there something I need to stop/Start for any/all of these changes to take effect?

Attachments

• SLGC_Home1.png
    SLGC_Home1.png
    20 KB · Views: 7
  • SLGC_Intelliflo2.png
    SLGC_Intelliflo2.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 9
  • SLGC_Sched1.png
    SLGC_Sched1.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 8
  • SLGC_Circuits1.png
    SLGC_Circuits1.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 9
  • SLGC_Intelliflo1.png
    SLGC_Intelliflo1.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 8
The run times are odd to me. Set the lowest rpm one to 24 hours. The higher rpm one to the time range you want it to run.

I want to run the pump 24x7 and i set overlapping schedules to try and accomplish that. My intent was to always have the pump running for filtering and circulation (NoFC) by default and to have a 2nd schedule running just fast enough to trip the flow switch for the SWG (PoolLow). 1960 RPM was me being dyslexic...I meant 1690 as 1650 is the slowest I can run the pump and have the SWG active. I just changed PoolLow in "Setup Intelliflo" to run @ 1700.

I had this working perfectly for weeks and I don't know what change I made that screwed it up (trying to set PoolLow for a lower flow rate). Now when I wake up (5:30 AM) only the "NoFC" circuit is running. Have I read here somewhere that edits to the config can screw up the schedule and that there is some step to take to reset things? Do I need to shut it all down and trip the breaker to clear it for a few minutes before I start it up again? I do manually intervene with the schedule when I want to run my cleaner but mostly I just left it running on autopilot. When I connect or disconnect the Polaris I shut off the pump circuits first and then set the Circuits active again but that is pretty much all I do.

I am at a loss. Right now I have PoolLow and LoFlow1750 running and I'l wait and see if PoolLow kicks in as scheduled at 8:10, though I still don't know why it stops running sometime overnight.

[Edit] "PoolLow" started as scheduled. If I can figure out why it has been stopping and fix that I'll be all set.

Last edited:
Steve,

Set your NoFC (slowest speed) to 8 am to 8 am. This will run the lowest speed 24/7, but will not close the pump/filter relay.

Set your PoolLow (Pool circuit) when you want your salt cell to work. When this circuit is on, the Pump/Filter relay will close and the cell will be on.

When done programming hit the reset (reboot) button on the main panel.

That said, it makes zero sense to me to run the pump without making chlorine, but it is your pool. :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks, Jim.
Basically I want 2 24x7 schedules , one generating FC and one not. This way if one is accidentally or deliberately turned off there will still be circulation in the pool, ideally generating FC. I was setting each schedule session at just under 24 hours on the assumption that it might be problematic to have the same start and end times, but I guess that's not how the Easytouch/Screenlogic system works.

So the reset button is on the panel?
Does the pump need to be off when I do that?

[edit]
Made my changes in Screenlogic.
Turned off the pump then hit "reset" on the panel.
Pump restarted and I put both my NoFC and PoolLow circuits active.
Turned it all off to set up my Polaris & turned my circuits back on again (plus the "Cleaner").
I will check on it later in the day, again before I call it a night and again tomorrow AM.

Last edited:
Steve,

Works for me.

If both schedules are set to run 24/7, then the slower speed will never be used unless the higher speed is turned off for some reason.

Sometimes when you adjust a schedule, the system will get confused and need 24 hours to get back on track. Hitting the reset button eliminates that issue. It is not something that normally needs to be done, unless you are worried about the schedules working that day.

Let us know how things work out.

Thanks,

Jim R.

If both schedules are set to run 24/7, then the slower speed will never be used unless the higher speed is turned off for some reason.
Thx Jim...I understand that about faster/slower speeds. If I didn't have both scheduled then I probably would have found the pump fully off in the AM in recent days (but at least I still had filtering/circulation in progress).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.