Best setting for two-speed filter pump?

Aneley

Jul 18, 2023
Bryn Mawr, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hi,

I have the Pentair Easytouch control system for my 19,500 gallon pool. It has a two-speed filter pump. I'm trying to figure out what the best filter schedule is for this pool. I currently have it set to go for 10 hours during the daytime daily under the low speed setting. I haven't been using the high speed setting at all. I recently moved to this house with a pool, and this is my first time figuring something like this out. The previous owners had it set to go like 18 hours a day under a low setting, which seemed excessive to me. What do you think?

Thanks so much!

Aneley,

You either have a two-speed pump, or you have an IntelliFlo VSF pump like it says in your signature, which is it??

What speed does your pump run when in "Low Speed"?

I have a SWCG and an IntelliFlo VS pump. My pump runs 24/7, mostly at 1200 RPM.. To do this costs me less than $20 bucks a month.. So no, I don't find it "excessive" at all... :mrgreen: I like to make a little chlorine all the time, and I like to skim all the time. I also like the look of my pool when there is a little movement to the water.

The least amount of time you must run your pump is however long it takes for your SWCG to make the amount of chlorine your pool uses each day.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Your pump should run long enough to generate sufficient chlorine from your SWCG. You do not state which size SWCG you have for you 20k gal pool
Let us know that info.
You can also use
PoolMath app to help determine the time required to for your specfic SWCG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.