best robotic cleaner for 50 foot inground pool

dhodson

Gold Supporter
Apr 21, 2019
atlanta ga
I have owned a pool for about 15 years and it looks like i need to purchase my 3rd robot. My other robots have been dolphin. The first one had dual motors and lasted the longest and probably did the best job. The second one lasted only 4 years. I went to our local mom and pop pool store and they claim that dolphin parts are harder to come by and now only sell polaris. I bought the dual motor one on line and the 2nd cheaper single motor one from them. Looking online it appears most reviewers prefer the dolphin products. Any particular recommendations for the higher end series of products. I like it better if its a basket or bag then the cartridges personally.

Best robotic cleaner
Thems fightin words. But sadly, these days everyone is fighting over who has the worse robot. Your experience seems to be the norm that 'they don't make em like they used to'.

This one seems to be doing well, but it's also newer and hasn't been around long enough to fail at a couple years like the others.

I am doing ok with my Dolphin CC (no plus, no fanciness, just a basic basic robot). I got 2 years out of it being in the water more or less 24/7/365 with it running almost once a day. I recently rebuilt it (I posted another thread about that process) which was fairly easy and straight forward with parts more or less available. I am also going to keep in out of the water unless its in use and see how that extends the life I suspect it should prolong the life significantly. I can recommend it based on the ease of maintenance and the fact it was about 200 bucks to make it new again vs 600 to buy new.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.