Best pool robot for sun shelf

cactus_LV

Silver Supporter
Oct 16, 2020
Las Vegas
Hi,

Our pool is about 13'x35' and we have a sun shelf. Based on the reviews I was about to buy a dolphin pool cleaner but then learned that it gets stuck on the sun shel which is 7".

Is there a robot which cleans sun shelfs well or if not which can deal with them without getting stuck on them? I read dolphins need 2-3 ft. at least and get stuck on sun self frequency.

Thanks!

7" really isn't enough for any robot. I have 15" and it's enough for my robot to get on the shelf and do an ok job. Not great. I usually brush the shelf into the pool while the robot is running.

I am fine with it not doing anything on the sun shelf I just don't want it to get stuck there every time. And for the dolphins at least I read that they get stuck on it most of the time.

Every pool is different. Every robot is different. Only way to know for sure is get one and see how it performs. Mine has a setting to just go on the bottom, a setting for bottom and walls and a setting just for the tile line. Just bottom keeps it off my shelf but I never really have any issue with the shelf.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.