Best Pool Heat Pump for South Florida?

Mar 10, 2013
I've been doing my research and it seems for my purposes a heat pump will be most efficient and provide enough heating.

My pool is rectangular inground about 25x11 and 8000-10,000 gallons. I've read all the paid for reviews of the best heat pumps, but which will be the best for south florida humidity, longevity, least amount of servicing required etc.

Thanks for your thoughts.

We had a Built Right heat pump installed in October, and happy with it. They are built in SWFL. My pool store, where I buy liquid chlorine and only what I need [:)] spoke very highly of them.

The manufacturer delivered the unit direct, before the pool store came to do the install. But, he saw a crack in the base of it. He called the shop, and within 20-30 minutes, another vehicle showed up from the manufacturer with another unit.

for your gallons, you really wouldn't need more than 100,000 BTU unit to maintain your pool in South Florida. Some may suggest over sizing it so you have a lot of BTUs. Please compare BTU's AND COP (Co-efficiency Of Performance). Think of BTU's as MPH and COP as MPG. More BTUs will get you there faster and COP will determine how much you spend to get to cruise control speed (Desired Temp).
Also consider where your equipment is, compared to bedroom or living room windows and your patio area. Some heat pumps will add noise to your pool equipment, but then again, there are quiet systems as well.

I bought a Heat Siphon 8-9 years ago and DIY installed. We only use it to extend our swimming season and it works great. Hope this helps:cheers:

No, but interested in answers. My PB quoted a Thermeau heat pump with reverse (cooling) for us. I was surprised because all the other equipment they quoted is Heyward.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A Heat Siphon unit came with the pool when we bought the house. Had it 7 years before replacing it with our new build. Not one service call in that time. Worked great. Our new pool needed a bigger unit. PB recommended going with Heat Siphon again....he said they are one of the most efficient heat pumps on the market.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.