Best Places to Buy Liquid Chlorine

Just paid $8 a gallon for 12.5% liquid chlorine in southern NJ :( This is from local pool store.
Liquid Pool Essentials from Walmart $5.67 looks attractive, even though its 10%.
Prices are crazy for Dang bleach
If you use the Pool Math App then there is a chlorine calculator in it that tells you the cost based on % chlorine.

Here in the memphis/north Ms area it seems that Smith pools is still a winner @$4.27 a gallon for 11% fresh daily.
10 gallons (4-2.5 gal jug refills) was $42.76.

Reactions: HermanTX
Yes, about 13 miles away. Not familiar with the store. Which chlorine they sell and how much? Thx
Two years ago it was $2.99 a gallon for 12.5% and always fresh during the swimming season. Now it's $5.99. I'm happy that I went SWG a few years back.

Reactions: Mdragger88
For those in the Houston/Katy (TX) area, I found another supplier in Katy that sells 12.5% bleach for $3/gallon + tax.

2910 N Mason Road, Katy TX
832-509-1961
Open 8-12 M-F

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Before I start making phone calls, does anyone local to SE PA have a source for a bulk supplier who will sell a 55G drum of bleach to a residential pool owner? Not looking for general suggestions to call janitorial supply houses or to check prices at a big box store here, just hoping somebody has already achieved what I hope to. Buying gallons all summer long every year is driving me nuts.

Before I start making phone calls, does anyone local to SE PA have a source for a bulk supplier who will sell a 55G drum of bleach to a residential pool owner? Not looking for general suggestions to call janitorial supply houses or to check prices at a big box store here, just hoping somebody has already achieved what I hope to. Buying gallons all summer long every year is driving me nuts.
You may want to read this if you seriously wish to purchase LC in 55 gal drum

Great data, thanks. That's actually not a terrible scenario for me. I have a short season up here, and by the end my LC will have degraded not too far below the strength of bleach off the shelf. My last couple of weeks are usually a nuclear holocaust of gallons dumped in to fight mustard algae anyway, 10 years of SLAMs and I still have never eradicated it.

Reactions: Salbailey
Seems every year oak pollen gets me. As soon as catkins start falling, water turns green. My SWG normally keeps FC at 5.0, set at 10%. Now at 100% FC just drops like a rock. Added the 5 gallons I had leftover from last year, and FC seems to be sticking at 15. Can't believe Home Depot is up to $9/g! Best I found is Ace at $7/g. Hopefully 4 more gallons will get me to OCLT!

For those with stores nearby: Woodman's still lists $15/4gal of 12.5%, Blain's Farm and Fleet is $17/4 gal of 12.5%, Menards sells individual gallons for $5 of 12.5%.

Reactions: Newdude
I picked up fresh 1-gallon 12.5% jugs (date code March 22, 2023) at Menard's in Florence, KY yesterday. They don't store their pallets outside (in direct sun) like Watson's does! o_O They are $4.99/gal but you get an 11% rebate by mail which brings them down to $4.44 ea. I bought 6 cases (4 gallons per case). They are safely stored indoors under my basement stairs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support