Best Manual Pool Brush/Vac? 18' AGP and 1.5hp pump

Gopherboy6956

Jun 3, 2020
Fargo, ND
Hey Everyone -

Going into my 4th year of AGP ownership (2 in Intex, last 2 in Steel Sided) I've about had it cleaning with my Intex "deluxe pool" vacuum. I don't mind manually cleaing the pool, it's somewhat satisifying, but this thing takes forevery and you have to go real slow to keep pressure on it to keep it on the bottom and working well.

I have plenty of pump for the suction for sure, but i'm looking for recommendations on a new Vacuum. I seem to only find two camps - use an automatic cleaner, or use this (seemingly similar) $20 amazon one.

My primary detritus is mostly fine particles, not many leaves or any larger items to clean up.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on a manual pool vacuum they like?

Thank you!

What about the camp of battery powered manual cleaners? I’ve been using a “pool blaster” for 4 years now, and while I do wish I had something automatic, it’s held up fine and doesn’t put all the dirt into the pool filter. I’m using the “catfish Li ultra” model, $135 on Amazon.

What about the camp of battery powered manual cleaners? I’ve been using a “pool blaster” for 4 years now, and while I do wish I had something automatic, it’s held up fine and doesn’t put all the dirt into the pool filter. I’m using the “catfish Li ultra” model, $135 on Amazon.
That's a good idea - I haven't yet looked at them. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.