Best Cleaners for Above Ground 24 ft Round Pool?

CPool320

Apr 29, 2017
byron
What are the best cleaners for a 24 foot round above ground pool?

Pump - Hayward 1.5 hp
Vinyl
Has skimmer and floor drain

Currently have a QOMOTOP Rechargeable Robotic Pool Cleaner. It can get everything except the small sediment that settles in divots in the pool bottom. I also have a hard time getting this sediment out when manually vacuuming.

Looking for something that can get it all.

Hi there, welcome to TFP :) I'd recommend the Dolphin E10 robot. Made by Maytronics.

We always suggest folks call up Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa, in Lakeland Colorado. She is a wiz and helping folks find the perfect robot for their budget and needs, and sells tax and shipping free. Her prices are often a bit better than elsewhere.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Mdragger88
What are the best cleaners for a 24 foot round above ground pool?

Pump - Hayward 1.5 hp
Vinyl
Has skimmer and floor drain

Currently have a QOMOTOP Rechargeable Robotic Pool Cleaner. It can get everything except the small sediment that settles in divots in the pool bottom. I also have a hard time getting this sediment out when manually vacuuming.

Looking for something that can get it all.
What did you decide on?

I have used the EZ vac on my old pool, worked pretty well (probably cleaned the pool 85% then I needed to guide it). It lasted 20 years without any major issues. Our new pool has a Hayward Aquabug, I really haven't used it but video reviews claim it works good. Since I don't have any real world experience with it I can only go by what I've seen. Both are suction side cleaners, the one thing I can say is I did not use my EZ Vac according to instructions (had all the hose pieces on when I used it so it was good for 30 feet on 24 foot pool) and it did get stuck behind our old pool stair system which had a gap where you could swim under it between the step and wall.

Hi there, welcome to TFP :) I'd recommend the Dolphin E10 robot. Made by Maytronics.

We always suggest folks call up Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa, in Lakeland Colorado. She is a wiz and helping folks find the perfect robot for their budget and needs, and sells tax and shipping free. Her prices are often a bit better than elsewhere.

Maddie :flower:
Thanks for the suggestion!

I have used the EZ vac on my old pool, worked pretty well (probably cleaned the pool 85% then I needed to guide it). It lasted 20 years without any major issues. Our new pool has a Hayward Aquabug, I really haven't used it but video reviews claim it works good. Since I don't have any real world experience with it I can only go by what I've seen. Both are suction side cleaners, the one thing I can say is I did not use my EZ Vac according to instructions (had all the hose pieces on when I used it so it was good for 30 feet on 24 foot pool) and it did get stuck behind our old pool stair system which had a gap where you could swim under it between the step and wall.
Thank you for the info!

Pool Blaster max....pool rover jr.
Pool rover works well for us too - just dislike dealing with the cord that is always getting tangled and twisted. Have started using the basic rechargeable cleaner from aiper and am loving it (no cord) although it doesnt get the fine material the pool rover did with the cloth filter to catch everything. Maybe now the aipers have better filters. I tied a floating rope to the aiper to retrieve it for when if dies in the middle of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.