Best choice for hang-on type auto fill device?

Could it be something as simple as this? https://www.amazon.com/Orbit-62061Z-Single-Programmable-1-Valve/dp/B004INGS8S

I have a sprinkler station plumbed into the pool for fill water. I don’t have a float or anything that measures water level, but if we’re out of town for an extended period of time during the summer, I’ll program the sprinkler station to fill for 15 minutes once a week. That gets me 3/4 - 1” of water in the pool, which is enough to keep up with the evaporation (with the chiller off) - at least enough to avoid a water level problem. Yes, if it rains there’s the possibility of overfilling, but the overflow drain takes care of that.

Seems like a hose connected to a simple timer could accomplish the same thing.

Reactions: shellsingleton
I had thought of that also. It may have more advantages than an auto-fill device. No chance for a pressurized hose to leak, no float mechanism to get stuck. A hose into the pool would be less obtrusive than the auto fill box.
Cheaper and they have been making them for a looong time. You just need to figure out how long/often to program it to flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.