Cetanorak

Jun 13, 2022
Wimberley, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Heading out on a 3 week vacation, which is our first trip away from the pool since taking ownership and adopting the TFP methodology. I maintain my pool chemistry with liquid chlorine but plan to add trichlor tablets to inline feeder as a safety backup. I will likely increase Chlorine up close to SLAM levels before leaving and will have people stopping by each week to dump some liquid chlorine in (but no testing or precision). CYA is currently around 50 and I'm in very sunny and very hot Texas.

Do you all recommend a brand that is known to be pure TriChlor, no baking soda or copper added?

The clorox 99 ones- or the pool essentials ones used to be plain. They should say they are 99% trichlor.
I suggest you use a couple floaters instead of an inline feeder. That way if the power goes out you’re covered.
Raise to slam level before hitting the road & fill up the floaters.
Will someone be coming by to check your skimmers? Have them pour in some liquid chlorine.
Do you have a cover you could deploy?

Heading out on a 3 week vacation .... have people stopping by each week to dump some liquid chlorine in

If you don't have an auto-fill, ask them to add water too. If there's a chance that your skimmer basket will fill up, make sure you have a working float valve (or other reliable source of water) so your pump can't run dry.

Heading out on a 3 week vacation, which is our first trip away from the pool since taking ownership and adopting the TFP methodology. I maintain my pool chemistry with liquid chlorine but plan to add trichlor tablets to inline feeder as a safety backup. I will likely increase Chlorine up close to SLAM levels before leaving and will have people stopping by each week to dump some liquid chlorine in (but no testing or precision). CYA is currently around 50 and I'm in very sunny and very hot Texas.

Do you all recommend a brand that is known to be pure TriChlor, no baking soda or copper added?
Make sure they don’t say Blue, Blu, Xtra or anything like that.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.