Bernoulli: Incoming!

In the home stretch now. The deck jets and slide are plumbed, the pool has been cleaned and vacuumed, and I just need to run the pump this weekend to clear out the leftover pond gunk that got stirred up during cleaning. Just in time to close the pool next week :cry:

Of course, there's a last-minute problem. It turns out that the builder installed Jandy deck jets instead of Pentair without consulting us first. I'm not sure how I want to deal with it - it's not the equipment I asked for, the contract is perfectly clear ("Pentair Deck Jets"), and this isn't the first time he's substituted equipment without checking with me. On the other hand, I'm soft-hearted (or headed).

Other than that, the punchlist is short. One valve is installed so that the stop isn't positioned correctly, and there's a very minor leak on one of the pump connections.

A final round of pictures soon :)

I spoke too soon. Things have come apart a little bit. The builder did good work and used quality equipment and materials (as far as I can tell), but a few things went wrong that can't be resolved easily.

Instead of a Pentair IntelliBrite White LED, the builder used a Pentair Amerlight with an LED bulb in it. After a couple of conversations with their customer service dept., Pentair sorta-kinda gave this their qualified blessing. The latest IntelliBrite white model hasn't been released from engineering yet, and many distributors are substituting as my builder did. This might not have been a problem, but the builder forgot to mention it to me - I just happened to notice it.

Then there are the deck jets. I specifically ordered Pentair, but the builder substituted Jandy's, and I didn't find out until they were already cast into the deck. When I pointed it out, he said he'd look in to it. In a later conversation, he gave some excuses for substituting the jets ("Pentairs are much more expensive!" :rant:), but didn't offer any compromises.

Last Friday, the final day of construction, the builder asked for the final payment. I agreed, but withheld the price of the light and the deck jets. I told him I'd look into both issues again, and that I thought we could work something out. He wasn't happy about that - he complained that he'd lost money on the water slide.

Today, his crew came to close the pool. Before they did, they attempted to clean the last of the pond gunk and construction debris off the bottom. After some vacuuming, the IntelliFlo's SVRS started engaging, and could not be successfully reset despite many attempts. Cleaning the filter and cartridges, blowing out the returns/skimmers/main drains, and checking various connections for air leaks or debris didn't help. Finally, they called the builder - who told them to go ahead and close the pool, and he'd fix whatever is wrong in the spring when they open it again.

Not sure yet how to proceed. I'll think about it for a while. There's certainly no hurry at this point :x

Anyway, here's my pool.

[attachment=2:p42cj7tl]24Jets.png[/attachment:p42cj7tl]
[attachment=1:p42cj7tl]25Slide.png[/attachment:p42cj7tl]
[attachment=0:p42cj7tl]26Closed.png[/attachment:p42cj7tl]

Attachments

• 24Jets.png
    24Jets.png
    193.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 25Slide.png
    25Slide.png
    186.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 26Closed.png
    26Closed.png
    221.5 KB · Views: 42
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.