Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
My old Jandy filter has a small crack at its inlet junction. I assume unequal stress/torque due to a poor pipe orientation did this over time.
1. Since perfection of orientation is unlikely In my own clumsy filter replacement, would heat softening/bending of the mid sections of the pipe with a heat gun allow for self resetting of the pipe fittings at the proper angles?
2. Does anyone know how much schedule 40 PVC is weakened by such heating? Below is an interesting YouTube of thermoforming junctions that seems convincing to me.

<
>

Thanks,
David - Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_2363.jpeg
    IMG_2363.jpeg
    637.4 KB · Views: 8
Plumbers/electricians heat bend PVC regularly on jobs. Only suggestion, practice first.View attachment 488878
Thx. Do I need to do the fill with sand stuff or can i manage a gentle bend with an empty pipe? Also if I wrap a junction with a wet cloth, how close to a glued joint can I get with heat?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.