Bearing squeal, then it stopped

noncitizen

Jun 5, 2022
Baltimore, MD
In-ground saltwater pool was rocking-and-rolling, clear as a bell, numbers looking good. Then we had a pool party with 40+ folks after which pool looked cloudy, flow light on the chlorinator went red, AND, the pump motor starting intermittent squealing in a way that was very reminiscent of when the bearings went bad in the pump motors on our hot tub. Fearing it would seize up, I ordered a new motor intending to put it in place. While waiting for the motor to arrive, I also opened up the DE cannister and did a super clean on the fins (yuk!), after which, flow light green, pressure < 15 psi, and pool back to crystal clear in < 24 hours . . . AND the pump motor is humming right along with not even a squeak.

Could 40+ bodies in various stages of cleanliness overload the system, i.e., the pump, and now that everything is rocking-and-rolling again, the pump motor is ok? Just trying to discern if I should replace the motor since I have one, or send it back (or try to resell it).

Age? We've lived here six years, and the pool has been here for a long time before that, so no idea how old the motor is.

Thanks!

hayward.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.