Beachcomber Leap 540 - Hush Pump humming

We recently bought a used 2015 Beachcomber Leap 540. All was going well except that on rare occasions while the jets were on max, they would slow down briefly (1-2 seconds max).

Last night we went out and the hot tub was lower in temperature. Jets worked, but on high were not quite as powerful. I turned them off and noticed a humming coming from the hush pump (located behind the main pump). Here is a video of the location and noise coming from that pump: New video by Andrew Mueller. I did shut power off to the hot tub so I wouldn't fry the motor.

What is the likely issue here? The hot tub was running fine for about a month (except for the low flow through the jets that happened infrequently).

Thanks in advance!

I ended up pulling the main motor out, then pulling out the "hush pump". I replaced that pump entirely and put it all back together. Working well as of now. Something I'm not quite sure of is why the jets do not feel as powerful as they previously did. This has nothing to do with the new pump, I don't think. I think the main pump is the only one responsible for this. First Button Press: Low jets, Second Button Press: High jets. That is working properly. The jets are just less powerful after the swap.

Dirty filters can cause this.
The diverter valve will vary pressures at each section of jets.
Each jet is usually individually adjustable at the face or nozzle.
Air controls allow air to mix with the water making the jets feel more powerful.
Slice valves can vibrate partly closed.
Scale in the fitting can reduce both water and airflow.
Memory can be deceiving.
Or there is the very slim chance that you have some blockage in the pipes.

Reactions: Covey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dirty filters can cause this.
The diverter valve will vary pressures at each section of jets.
Each jet is usually individually adjustable at the face or nozzle.
Air controls allow air to mix with the water making the jets feel more powerful.
Slice valves can vibrate partly closed.
Scale in the fitting can reduce both water and airflow.
Memory can be deceiving.
Or there is the very slim chance that you have some blockage in the pipes.

Thank you - will take a look at these. I also have to find a new o-ring or seal or whatever you call the gasket on the 1 1/2" pipi collar leading into the primary pump. It is leaking very slightly no matter how hard I tighten it down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.