Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
I usually use Mortons pool salt or water softener salt but this stuff was the first thing I saw in Lowes and I only needed one bag so I took this. I now have yellow stains, which I think are iron. I will rub them with vitamin C and report back.

I now have yellow stains, which I think are iron.

We seem to need to warn people every season.

I was getting pool stored back then.
Somebody call me? Looks like it, but you are covered.

We have also found issues with Morton Salt (see link). You might consider Diamon Crystals Solar Naturals at HomeDepot. Zero reports of issues...

Let me save you the misfortune of riding the Mineral Springs turnip truck. It took a giant pothole to make me fall off that lopsided ride.

0 stars. Do not reccomemd. Stupid expensive for no gain.

Like Allen said, we don't judge. And it's a good thing because most of us have done way worse. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’ve had issues with multiple brands. Luckily the stains lifted over time but were still annoying.

I now pre-dissolve the salt in a big plastic tub for a day, then give it a stir and dump in the pool. There may still be some undissolved salt at the bottom of the pool but it goes away with one quick pass of the brush.

Some times the plastic tub will have an oily yellow brown residue floating on top from some sort of impurity in the salt. I scoop/pour that off the top before dumping into the pool.

Wow. I usually use that Diamond brand from HD or Mortons. Clorox was the first thing I saw at Lowes and I only needed one bag. I ordered some vitamin C and I'll dive down there and scrub it this weekend when the pool isnt so cold. Its very subtle red/brown hazy spots where the salt sat I guess. I didnt even notice it until my wife pointed it out in the sun.

I usually spread it right from the bag around the pool then use the brush to move it around until it dissolves and never an issue. I'll try a bucket next time.

Yes. I always dilute salt or calcium in a bucket, and let it rest before I put it in the pool.

If it does not look right in the bucket, dont put it in the pool.

I just tried to use a 40 lb bag of their Clorox pool salt... with bonus rocks and maybe sand :mad:
Sorry I'm not brand loyal and buy whatever brand is in store I happen to be in if price is reasonable. Never had an issue with any brand until today and been 'on salt' since 2016.
Quality control in many industries seems to be becoming a relic... even quicker than I am :rolleyes:

20240518_171642.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: beeswax and Newdude