Basic Valve Actuator Control Help.

Mar 30, 2016
Spain
Hello,

I have a very basic pool set-up. My pump has it's own inbuilt timer and my UV system and lights are controlled by a flow switch and manual switch respectively. I have a cartridge filter, so do not need to backwash, and no heater or spa.

I would like to add a Jandy valve and actuator to my suction line, so my suction cleaner can come on for an hour or so every day without having to turn the valve manually. What is the most simple way to do this? All the controllers I can find control pumps, spas, lights, heaters, etc... Which is not necessary for my pool. I only want to control one valve On or Off.

Than you very much.

Off-the-shelf products like don't exist from the major pool manufacturers as there is very little demand for a stand-alone valve controller system. Your only options are to buy the smallest control package possible (like a Pentair SunTouch controller) or build something yourself. If you buy a simple automation system, you might find the additional relays useful for other projects such as controlling landscape lighting.

Sorry, the world of pool equipment automation is very much stuck in last century technology...

You can buy an actuator plus transformer and use it with a basic timer, no control system needed. I have JVA4440 actuators and they show how to hook them up that way right in the manual

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.